Sawa na ba sa kakareklamo sa hindi mapigilang pagbagsak ng halaga ng kita dahil sa pagtaas ng halaga ng piso kontra sa dolyar na kakambal ng tuluy-tuloy na pagtaas ng presyo ng mga bilihin sa Pilipinas? Sawa ka na ba sa paulit-ulit na pahayag ng gobyerno na gumaganda ang ekonomiya ng Pilipinas pero naghihigpit naman ng naghihigpit ng sinturon ng iyong pamilya? Sawa ka na ba sa mga balita ng korapsyon, kasinungalingan, pagtatakipan at kutsabahan sa gobyerno ni GMA? Pwes, sali na dito...
WE REJECT A MORALLY BANKRUPT GOVERNMENT!
We are gathered in the midst of crisis to unite and help overcome the grave challenges the nation faces.
When Gloria Macapagal Arroyotook office as President in January 200l, she proclaimed that she would usher in good governance, that she would show honest leadership by example, and ensure transparency in public transactions for public welfare.
We are now in the seventh year of that presidency - and that presidency has instead reaped pain and ruin for our nation and people.
We are pained by the extrajudicial killings; by the forced disappearances which have heightened despite the fact that this pattern of abuse was brought to the attention of the President early on, long before the outcry of concerned international officials and organizations condemned them before the world.
We are pained when billions of pesos are shamelessly diverted to serve personal political interests - such as the abrasive diversion in the fertilizer scam of public funds meant for farmers to ensure victory in the tainted presidential elections of 2004.
We are pained when demonstrators are bludgeoned by police and military men misled and emboldened by an erroneous "calibrated preemptive response" policy, a distorted policy already declared illegal by the Supreme Court but still enforced in the Parliament of the Streets.
Worse, our values have been degraded, our collective integrity blighted by the wanton examples of bribery, graft and corruption. Parents cannot adequately answer the questions of their own children - about the ZTE, how much bribes were involved, why? They cannot answer how come Congressmen and Governors receive so much money. Who are guilty? Why do they go unpunished?
What kind of justice do we have?
Neither can they answer adequately what kind of future lies ahead for their children. For they themselves see no real future. There exists no vision, no real production, no genuine development - only self serving assertions of a "strong republic" -- whose doctors want to become nurses in order to go abroad, whose teachers are diminishing, whose farmers' and workers' future continues to slide dismally.
We cannot allow the pain and ruin of the Filipino. We cannot have a nation without a soul, governance without morality. We must unite! We must struggle for Truth! For Justice! For Meaningful and Fundamental Change!
▪ Archbishop Angel N. Lagdameo D.D., Diocese of Jaro
▪ Archbishop Oscar Cruz D.D., Diocese of Lingayen-Dagupan
▪ Vice President Teofisto T. Guingona Jr.
▪ Fr. Jose Dizon, Solidarity Philippines
▪ Sharon Joy Ruiz Duremdez, National Council of Churches of the Philippines (NCCP)
▪ Father Rudy Abao, MSC (Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus)
▪ Mo. Mary John Mananzan, OSB (Benedictine Sisters)
▪ Sr. Maureen Catabian, RGS, Chair, W-JPIC Committee of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd
▪ Bro. Edmundo Fernandez, FSC (De La Salle Brothers)
▪ Sr. Teresa Mueda, DC (Daughters of Charity)
▪ Ma. Luz Mijares, OSA (Order of St. Augustine)
▪ Fr. Jesus Maliit, SSS (Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament)
▪ Sr. Elen Belardo, RGS
▪ Pastor Rey Geloagan, United Church of Christ in the Philippines (UCCP)
▪ Mayor Jojo Binay, United Opposition (UNO)
▪ Betina Legarda, Concerned Citizens Group
▪ Teresita Quintos Deles, Black and White Movement
▪ Dr. Carol P. Araullo, BAYAN
▪ Ver Eustaquio, United Movement for Democracy and Justice
▪ Paco Alcuaz, Kubol Pag-asa
▪ Manjette Manalo, Laban ng Masa
▪ RC Constantino
▪ Horacio ‘Boy’ Morales
▪ Linggoy Alcuaz
▪ Oscar Orbos
▪ including signatories from Migrante - Saudi Arabia
Maari kang pumirma sa pahayag na ito. Kopyahin lang ang Pahayag, ilagay ang iyong pangalan, organisasyon at email address, at ipadala sa email@example.com. Ipinalalaganap din ng Migrante Saudi Arabia ang Pahayag upang makakalap ng mas maraming pirma.
(You may sign this Unity Statement by copying this statement, signing it with your name, organization you belong to and email address and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Migrante Saudi Arabia is also distributing the Statements and soliciting signatures manually.)
Sali na! (Join!)