19 October 2008
Negligible DFA officials:
Conejos, Tago criminally liable to the gloomy fate of OFW Jenifer Bidoya;
their 'heads must roll' – Migrante-ME
An alliance of overseas Filipino workers' organizations today said the Arroyo administration; Vice-President Noli de Castro, DFA Officials Undersecretary Conejos and Consul General Tago are all criminally liable to the death of OFW Jenifer Bidoya who was executed in Saudi Arabia last week.
"The relatives of OFW Jenifer Bidoya who are now openly speaking to the media how the Arroyo administration abandoned and neglected OFW Jenifer Bidoya during his trial by not providing legal assistance by hiring a defense lawyer is much truthful and reliable than those earlier pronouncement by the BIG LIARS in Malacanang and DFA. They've lied to the family of OFW Bidoya; they've lied to the public to cover their ass. This is condemnable!" said John Leonard Monterona, Migrante-Middle East regional coordinator.
Monterona noted the admission of the DFA officials' guilt are coming from their very own mouth when Philippine Consul General Ezzadin Tago himself during Vice-President Noli de Castro's radio program interview on Friday admitted that PCG only provided an interpreter to OFW Bidoya and the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) hired a lawyer only when the case was elevated to the Saudi Court of Appeals.
"This is what we have said earlier: the negligible Arroyo administration acted too late with little efforts to save OFW Jenifer Bidoya. Worst, the DFA even gagged the family of Bidoya by telling them not to reveal Bidoya's case to the media but only gave false promises to the family. Again, this is condemnable in the strongest term possible!" Monterona added.
The DFA officials who have lied to OFW Bidoya's family and to the public, to mention Undersecretary Conejos and Congen Tago, Migrante-ME said to Mrs. Arroyo "their heads must also roll".
Migrante-ME said that an anonymous insider in the PCG volunteered to provide relevant information on the incident how OFW Bidoya fought back in defense of himself who was being gang rape by a number of Arab nationals who were believed high on drugs.
"Now, these pieces of information coming from Bidoya's relatives and from concerned PCG-insider would lead to the conclusion that OFW Bidoya was not at fault because it is on defense of his life when he unfortunately killed one of the Arabs who are trying to gang rape him. The PCG-insider told us that since all the police reports and documents that were signed by Bidoya are all in Arabic, it certainly put Bidoya's life at much stake," Monterona averred.
"We have known from this PCG-insider that OFW Bidoya is only 17 years old when he worked abroad who has to fake his passport and documents so that he could help support his struggling family. He was only 23 years old when he was executed last week," Monterona added.
Migrante-ME said that unless the mass exodus of Filipinos will be stopped, many OFWs will fall victims of their own government criminal neglect and abandonment.
"But, the Arroyo administration is hell bent to selling cheap its own people, that is why it is hosting the most anti-migrant confab, the 2nd Global Forum on Migration on Development to further commodify its own people and corner their huge remittances but neglecting their well-being, rights and welfare," Monterona added.
Migrante chapters in the Middle East coming from United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia will actively participate by sending its own delegation in the upcoming International Alliance of Migrants and Refugees (IAMR), a gathering of migrant grass roots and refugees organizations around the world to expose and oppose the 2nd GFMD in Manila on October 28-30 and to bring their condemnation to the criminally negligible Arroyo government in the international community.
John Leonard Monterona
Migrante Middle East regional coordinator
Mobile No.: 00966 564 97 8012