Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prayer of a Child of an OFW

Dear God,

Every single evening
As I'm lying here in bed,
This tiny little Prayer
Keeps running through my head:

God bless all my family
Mommy, daddy and little baby
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For they're so close to me.

And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do;
Hope you don't mind me asking, as my "mom" request me to say to you
Please bless she said, the "distressed kababayans" too.

My mom whispered, "That it's unusual
What I hear? Those officials sitting there higher,
Mother dear said, "Those supposed to offer help to kababayans
Are putting these poor Filipinos on trial."

I then utter as well, please, help knock into their heart
Remind them, what is their duty and task
As I read from my book, public servant is to lean and trust
They should do the necessary and prompt

I fervently prayed and trying to understand
Mom even shouted, "Is it that too much for every OFW’s to ask"?

Amen


"Prayer of a Child of an OFW
by Miriam Tampos
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

No comments: